Harjo wins Guggenheim
Joy Harjo, author of "Crazy Brave" which won the PEN USA Literary Award for best creative nonfiction, has been named a recipient of the prestigious John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship for 2014. Harjo will use her fellowship to complete to complete her second memoir, "Songline of Justice."
An accomplished poet, Harjo has published seven books of poetry and awards include the New Mexico Governor’s Award for Excellence in the Arts, and the William Carlos Williams Award from the Poetry Society of America.
Apply -- AIS Fellowships
American Indian Studies awards Postdoctoral Fellowships to scholars who can make use of the rich resources available at UIUC.
- Inaugural Latina/Latino Studies Symposium - "Vulnerable Bodies: Latina/o Health, Migration, and Security"
- Heart Health: Education & Awareness of the American Indian Population
- CAS/MillerComm2014- Turok
- Americanization and Reverse Culture Shock
- Cultures of Law in a Global Contexts - Gilmore
» View full departmental calendar