Content Section 1
June 13, 2010
Courtesy of I Resist and Radio Liberacion!
On Sunday, June 13, Radio Liberación! hosted a discussion on WEFT about the latest news on UIUC's Unofficial Mascot.
- Pro-mascot students use of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to harass the Native community and their allies
- Impact of the UIUC mascot upon American Indian Students
- Interviews with the President of Students for "Chief" Illiniwek, Samantha Uher
- Interview with Professor Robert Warrior, Director of American Indian Studies, UIUC
- Update from the Higher Learning Commission which includes a critique of how the UIUC administration is managing the mascot controversy